ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST
Our Rigorous 3 Stage Sterilization Process
Upon being received in our facility, all bones go through our
own highly effective & stringent multi-step sterilization
process resulting in bones that are meticulously clean &
hygienic at a microscopic level.
Sanitizing using Sodium Hypochlorite
• Bones are first thoroughly scrubbed clean with a deep
Disinfecting and Sanitizing Solution containing Sodium
• After this, the bones are sanded and filed by hand to get
prepped for stage 2.
• Note: As mentioned by the Washington State Department of
Health, Sodium Hypochlorite is highly effective in killing
any bacteria, fungi, and viruses & has a broad spectrum
of antimicrobial activity.
Treated at 100°+ Celcius
• After being sanded and filed by hand, bones are heat treated
at temperatures, upward of 100° Celsius (212° Fahrenheit)
continuously for 45 Minutes in a baking soda solution. Then
they are allowed to cool down.
• This process alters the pH level and creates an inhospitable
environment that completely prevents bacterial & fungal
Final Sterilization and Bleaching using Hydrogen Peroxide
• After the bone pieces are hand-cut & carved, they’re
ready for a stage of deep, internal sterilization.
• Finally, the bones are sterilized by being submerged in a
tub of 100% pure Hydrogen Peroxide.
• The temperature is also increased by keeping the submerged
bones under high-power heating lamps, killing or eliminating
microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi, thus
promoting sterilization & resulting in complete
International Standards of Cleansing & Sterilization
Processing and sterilization of bones are done according to
the standards mentioned in COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No
142/2011 implementing Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 of the
European Parliament and of the Council laying down health
rules as regards animal by-products and derived products not
intended for human consumption.
Art Renatus is AGAINST the use of ivory or bones from any other endangered or hunted animal.
We only use bones which come as a byproduct from FSSAI licensed ethically operated food processing plants.