We Believe in Keeping You Informed:
With Transparency in How We Source and Produce Our Art Work for You
WE RESPECT NATURE
Our Ethical Sourcing Practices:
• India is the second largest exporter of buffalo meat, with USA, UK & Canada being some of its largest markets.
Where Do We Ethically Source Buffalo Bones From?
• The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) Licensed Food Processing Plants responsible for these exports also produce by-products, one of which is the bones sourced by us.
• We only source bones used to craft our art pieces from Food Processing Plants Licensed by FSSAI.
Beyond Book Ethics• This means the plants are licensed to ethically produce animal products after satisfying a strict set of regulations issued by FSSAI.
• Our procurers choose bones that satisfy our specific density, quality & structural integrity criteria for bone carving, saving them from ending up in landfills.
• The ones which don’t match the criteria are then converted to organic fertilizer.
ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST
Our Rigorous 3 Stage Sterilization ProcessUpon being received in our facility, all bones go through our own highly effective & stringent multi-step sterilization process resulting in bones that are meticulously clean & hygienic at a microscopic level.
Sanitizing using Sodium Hypochlorite• Bones are first thoroughly scrubbed clean with a deep Disinfecting and Sanitizing Solution containing Sodium Hypochlorite.
• After this, the bones are sanded and filed by hand to get prepped for stage 2.
• Note: As mentioned by the Washington State Department of Health, Sodium Hypochlorite is highly effective in killing any bacteria, fungi, and viruses & has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity.
Treated at 100°+ Celcius• After being sanded and filed by hand, bones are heat treated at temperatures, upward of 100° Celsius (212° Fahrenheit) continuously for 45 Minutes in a baking soda solution. Then they are allowed to cool down.
• This process alters the pH level and creates an inhospitable environment that completely prevents bacterial & fungal growth.
Final Sterilization and Bleaching using Hydrogen Peroxide• After the bone pieces are hand-cut & carved, they’re ready for a stage of deep, internal sterilization.
• Finally, the bones are sterilized by being submerged in a tub of 100% pure Hydrogen Peroxide.
• The temperature is also increased by keeping the submerged bones under high-power heating lamps, killing or eliminating microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi, thus promoting sterilization & resulting in complete microbial elimination.
International Standards of Cleansing & SterilizationProcessing and sterilization of bones are done according to the standards mentioned in COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 142/2011 implementing Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down health rules as regards animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption.
Art Renatus is AGAINST the use of ivory or bones from any other endangered or hunted animal.
We only use bones which come as a byproduct from FSSAI licensed ethically operated food processing plants.